When the fuel tank starts to be empty, a condensation forms inside this one.
This condensation is manifested by some droplets which catch the walls of the tank. With the time, this walls becomes oxidized. By this way, each full tank send oxide particles again at the bottom of the tank wich cause a creation of mud. This mud can seal the pre-filter or the carburettor jet.
For your confort and your security, you must clean your fuel tank :
EVERY 10 YEARS
Cleaning and control procedure :
• Disassembly of the manhole and pipings
• Pumping of the remaining fuel in the tank and storing in the truck during the intervention
• Pumping of the residues at the bottom of the tank
• Manual cleaning of the tank with a rubber squeegee and dusters
• Visual inspection of the tank (corrosion, waterproofness)
• Reassembly of the manhole with new screws and seal
• Piping succion
• Product put back in tank
The tank must be replaced or repared if a waterproofness problem is detected.